Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, September 18th~ WCS School Picture Day
- Thursday, October 3rd @ 6:30~ Middle School Curriculum Night
- Wednesday, October 9th~ No School
- Friday, October 18th~ No School
- Friday, December 6th~ Swift House Hosts WCS Dance
- Saturday, Dec 14th OR Sunday, December 15th~ Polar Express, Shift TBD
School Bell
See this week's School Bell for registration information for Continental Math League, Intergenerational Reading Group, and the first Spark session of the year. Spark is a free program open to all middle-schoolers running five consecutive Thursdays. The session's offerings include "Williston Student Helpers," Outdoor Games, Basketball, Gardening, Biking and Magic the Gathering. Click here for more information.
School Picture Day
Students will have their photos taken on Wednesday, September 18th. Please send order forms in, even if you're not ordering photos. If you would like to purchase photos for home, please select from the options on the order forms that will be sent home with students. Please use one envelope per child. Tear off the top portion of the form to save for your records, and make sure children have their forms turned in on picture day with payment included. Order forms were stapled to students' Greensheets last week, on September 6th.Interns
We are so fortunate to have three interns from UVM and one from Saint Michael's College this year. These interns will be part of all classes, supporting students this fall and teaching their own units in the spring. Please welcome these four fabulous additions to our team:Ms. Whalen
In my free time I love reading, movies, anything outside, yoga, and exploring new restaurants in the Burlington area. I love skiing in the winter but my heart lies with the ocean.
When it comes to the classroom student voice, community building, and progressive learning are things I strive for. I am extremely lucky to have the opportunity to do my student teaching with this amazing team and I am excited to get to know the students and everyone who is a part of this community!
Tessa Bukoweic
Hello families, friends, and students! My name is Tessa Bukowiec, and this year I am so lucky to be joining Swift House as an intern! I am currently a senior at UVM studying to get a dual certification in Middle Level Education and Special Education.I was born in Massachusetts and moved to Maine when I was 15 years old. I get the best of both worlds with the mountains and the ocean. Beyond studying and working towards a degree in education, I love to be a part of a lot of other amazing things on campus and around Vermont. I have been a dancer since I was a wee baby, and it is something I still do today! I also enjoy running, yoga, lots and lots of baking, reading, and card games, along with many additional board games. Some other fun facts about me are that I love puffins and the color purple, I sing to myself a lot, I love meeting new people, and my mom owns a cheesecake bakery!
When it comes to education and my teaching practice, I am just eager to learn as much as I can, make connections with the students and families of Swift House, and come away with a sense of confidence in my own unique ability to educate. I am dedicated to bring the fun into my teaching and to learn alongside my students.
I look forward to all the great opportunities Swift House will bring me!
Mr. Lovelette
Hello Everyone! My name is Ben Lovelette and I am an Intern in Swift House this year. I am currently a senior at The University of Vermont studying Middle Level Education, specifically focusing on Math and Science. I was born and raised in Saint Albans Vermont and Attended BFA St.Albans before going to UVM.Over the past four summers, I have had the privilege to work as a Watersports Instructor at The Tyler Place Family Resort in Highgate Springs, Vt. While working there I taught kids and adults of all ages how to water ski, wakeboard and wakesurf. I also recently have been working for the Saint Albans Recreation department helping out with their day camp that is centered around getting kids up and active during the summer months.
In my free time, I enjoy being outside, golfing and fishing in the summers. I also enjoy watching sports, especially hockey, football, and baseball.
I am excited and grateful to be a part of such a great learning community here at Williston Central School, and I am looking forward to working and getting to know all of the students in Swift this year!
Ms. Lloyd
Hello! My name is Elena Lloyd and I am interning this school year at Swift House! I am from Northern New Hampshire, but have been living in Vermont for the past 5 years. I received my Bachelor’s from Saint Michael’s College for English, and will be completing my Masters of Arts in Teaching this May. While my hope has always been to teach middle or high school English, I have actually been a preschool teacher for the past 3 ½ years at the Williston Enrichment Center/Kid Logic Learning:Tech Park.When I’m not with older students, younger students, or being a student, I enjoy being outdoors, reading and writing poetry, baking, and spending time with Mobi (my kitten).
I am so grateful to be at Williston Central School and Swift House, and I am so excited to be able to work with and get to know your students!
School Days
Seventh and eighth graders are learning about genetic traits in science class. This week they completed a simulation with M&Ms to see how traits are passed from one generation to the next.
Free Bowling for Kids!
Where?: Spare Time in ColchesterDate?: Saturday, September 14, 2019
Time?: 9am - 12 noon
Bowl a few games - under the lights, with music, and prizes!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.